Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The Countdowns

I think it must be the little 4 year old in me, but I LOVE counting down to certain events. I'm easily excited anyway and having a countdown makes it even more fun. =) Right now I've got 4 countdowns running thru my brain.

First, only 8 more wake ups until the season premier of The Office. This show is by far my favorite. And it's not that I can relate to it (I have an awesome work group), but the show is sooooo funny. It amazes me how the writers can make you hate Michael one minute, but then the next you want to reach thru your tv and give him a hug because you feel so bad for him. And I'm dying to find out what happens with Pam and Jim. I would love for them to be together, but then part of me thinks then the show will be over. That's what happened with Ed. All I know is that I need to find me a Jim. =) On a side note, I heard there is going to be a spin off from The Office starting after the superbowl so I'm looking forward to that too.


Next, there are 22 wake ups until we leave for Orlando. I'm not sure what came over me, but back in March I decided it would be a good idea to take my niece and nephews to the most magical happiest place on earth - Walt Disney World. As you can see, this countdown has been going on for quite some time. I am really hoping that the kiddies will have fun. I mean - they get outta school for a week and they are at Disney World....how can they not have fun. I tried to explain fighting wasn't allowed there either, but not sure if they believed me.

Third, only 99 wake ups until Christmas morning. Oh how I love Christmas! Yes it can be crazy, but I still feel that it's magical. All about miracles, life, love, & family...just to name a few. And now that it's under a hundred days, I think it's ok to get the music out. Nothing like singing Oh Holy Night at the top of your lungs while driving down the road. =)

And finally, 157 days until FMC leaves for Turks & Caicos. I consider myself very blessed to be friends with a group of folks known as FMC (Friday Meeting Club). There are a couple handfuls of folks that have taken a winter getaway vacation to somewhere warm the past few years. This year I was able to join since I got that wonderful 3rd week of vacation. I was a little worried about T&C because both Hanna and Ike pounded the islands pretty bad. But I googled and read some comments on Trip Advisor and it sounds like Grace Bay (where we are staying) didn't get much damage. Grace Bay just so happens to also be rated one of the top 10 beaches. Oh can't wait. Reminds me of a song by the Zach Brown Band called Toes. "I've got my toes in the water a$$ in the sand, not a care in the world a cold beer in my hand. Life is good today.....life is good today." Thanks Jen for sending me the cd. =)

Alrighty - gotta get back to work. It's wonderful time for RBM - that stands for Rolling Business Management for all you non accountants. It's the great fun we get to do every quarter to update the forecast.

1 comment:

Lucrecia said...

ho hum on the first count down. I'm down right green with jealousy on the second one but the third one - it made me break out in a cold sweat and want to vomit! I don't have enough time to prepare!!