Sunday, October 26, 2008

I need to vent

Here I am, upstairs in the dining room reading the comments on a USA Today blog biting my tongue so I don't yell at my roommate. I'm so ready to live on my own again. He's totally taken over my basement. I miss my basement and my tv. I haven't gotten to watch tv down there in sooo long. And if that makes me selfish than I'll admit it - I'm selfish, but it's the big screen and I paid for it and I miss being down there. Especially this time of year because I used to sit down there all cuddled up by the fire. And I swear my roommate must have a hearing problem. I can't seem to think of another reason the tv needs to be up so loud. It is so loud that I can tell he's switching channels between Iron Chef and football. So loud the other night I could hear it in my bedroom. One time I went down there when he wasn't here and the volume on the tv was on 18. I listen to it on 6. That's 3 times as loud. Why does it have to be that friggin' loud?!? Now I do understand that this is my house and I can kick him out, but I am trying to be nice because I know he is looking for a house. I know it's a pain to box your stuff up and move and don't want to make him to do that two times in a short while. And the rent income is nice too. I just really miss having a clean, non-vitamin smelling, quiet house. I do think the end is in sight though because I know he went and looked at a few houses yesterday and has plans to look some more this week. Keep your fingers crossed that he finds one he likes!

1 comment:

Jen said...

18 is way way way too loud!!! We could always here the TV when we lived there too. I think he was watching porn one night!!! He's nice but he is not a good roommate. He will be happier on his own too I bet. I think the end is in sight...YOU CAN DO IT!!!