Tuesday, August 5, 2008

What a wonderful life

I'm often told that it doesn't take much to amuse me. And for the most part, I agree that is true. And I honestly can't imagine being any other way - I just seem to find joy in the smaller things in life. So last week while I was having dinner at Flat Top with Jen, Andrew, Elliott and Aaron I was reminded again how wonderful life is. Jen got Elliott laughing really hard - the deep down belly laughs. It reminded me what a wonderful sense hearing is and I started thinking about my favorite sounds.....ocean waves crashing against the shore, crickets chirping, rain drops hitting my tin porch roof, a favorite song on the radio, Christmas music, the ding ding ding sound when you walk onto the Par-a-dice.

Then I figured why stop at sounds. There are tons of smells I absolutely love too. Fabric softner, freshly mowed grass, Decorators Grocery (It's a store that sells cake supplies but smells like mint, chocolate and sugar all in one), my mom's homemade soup, frosting, inner tubes (the plastic), the chlorine smell in a hotel with a pool, the beach, amusement parks (the smell of funnel cakes and hot tar). I'm sure there are tons more, but these are the ones that come to mind.

Of course there are some sounds that totally confuse me. I noticed last week I have a bra that squeaks. I actually googled "why do bras squeak" and I got some hits so apparently I'm not the only one with this problem. There are some smells I don't care for either - I'm sure most of you have heard me complain about the vitamins in my basement. Oh well - the good still outweighs the bad and I still consider myself lucky that I can enjoy the little things in life.

TTFN!
Annie

1 comment:

Jen said...

what a nice reminder to sit back, relax, and smell the tar at an amusement park!!! When are we going?!?!?